New structure and format to ensure you, the customer, gets a better quality of lesson and we get through the lesson faster and get you out on the water quicker, safer, and easier. Ages we teach from 6yrs old to 65yrs old.
With new locations we are now teaching on the Central Coast and in Port Stephens as well as the Newcastle and Lake Macquarie regions to ensure we get you on the water with a minimum of travel and get you going in your local area with local instruction.
Lessons need to be paid for in cash on the day, or prior payment in the shop or you can purchase a gift voucher from our store via email or in person.
We also have the largest selection of new and used Kiteboarding Equipement available in the Newcastle / Central Coast / Port Stephens area.
Please book in advance.
This is a weather based sport and we need the right conditions to teach.
We have a list which we put people on as they book in and lessons are usually done in order down the list.
When booking we require the following information.
Your weight for kite size.
Your waist size, for harness size.
Do you have any equipment? Your own kite or harness, Wetsuit, booties?
Your location where your staying or coming from to try and pick a close location.
Mobile number ( Australian not international)
- Single Kiteboarding Lesson $180.00 (One on one tuition on location). Lesson run time is 2hrs.
- Double Kiteboarding Lesson $240.00 (This is for 2 people together 1 x kite). Lesson run time is 2hrs.
- Triple Kiteboarding Lesson $300.00 (This is for 3 people together 1 x kite). Lesson run time is 2.5hrs
- Four People Kiteboarding Lesson $350.00 (Four people together 1 x kite). Lesson run time is 2.5hrs.
First Lessons are run on location and we go through the following.
1st Section land based (Approx 30-45minutes);
- Fill out waiver forms and make payment (or produce voucher).
- Theory, choosing a location, wind directions, dangers, etc.
- Rigging – we will teach you how to rig the kite from start to finish. ( If you have your own gear you need to bring it and check it all works before heading to the beach).
- Safeties – we run you through using all of them, as well as steering, de-power, and control.
- Launching and landing, hand signals, positioning and placement.
- Self-rescue, basic and full self rescue run through.
2nd Section Water based (Approx 1.5hrs).
- On location, weather dependent Beach or Lake.
- Launching and landing the kite partnered and self.
- Flying skills, first with two then with one hand.
- Powered flying learning how to dive the kite and produce power in order to ride.
- Relaunch – how to water relaunch the kite in water or on the sand.
- Body drag, this may not always be done in water due to conditions but we show you the technique and how to.
- Usage of the safety systems at least once during the lesson.
We aim to cover as much as possible in each lesson and ensure we move through at a pace which suits you. Everyone learns at different rates. Above is a guide to your first lesson, and below is a guide to a second lesson. We do have people who will progress and do parts of the second lesson during the first alternatively we may not always get through everything above in a first lesson.
Second Lesson. Approx 2hrs on location.
- On location at the beach or lake weather dependent.
- Building on the foundation achieved in the first lesson.
- Quick refresher to ensure you can fly two handed, relaunch the kite, and use safeties.
- Into the water, body dragging, become proficient at it.
- Into the water for a seated drill, floating in the water pretending to put the board on.
- Kite power strokes – diving the kite in order to produce power to get up and ride.
- Body dragging with a board.
- Put the board on and get riding.
- Correct riding stance, direction, edging, and turning.
Adanced or further lessons.
We teach and coach all aspects of kiteboarding up to top level. If you’d like to take lessons further to riding upwind, turning, jumping, looping, spins, surf skills, race or foil boarding and other then please contact us. Some are done as advanced lessons at $50 for 45mins or can be done at 2hrs for $180.
Our kiteboarding lessons are run from a number of locations depending on the conditions on the day. Typically we operate in the Newcastle and Lake Macquarie region at the following spots.
Meet at the carpark near the surfclub or up the end of the beach (instructor will inform you of meeting place).
This is a popular local kiteboarding spot for our summer seabreezes and provides a mix of flat water and waves.
We also utilise a number of spots in the beautiful Lake Macquarie, including Salts Bay (Swansea Channel), Belmont, Swansea, and Marmong Point.
Your spot will be selected by the instructor to ensure that it is suitable for the wind conditions and to give you the best opportunity to progress in a safe environment.
What to bring
All the equipment you need to get on the water is supplied! All you need to bring is whatever you want to wear on the day. It is a good idea also to bring a towel, sunscreen and a hat.
If you have your own equipment we encourage you to bring it along so that you can learn how to use it correctly and safely.